Thursday, February 9, 2012
Miriam's pick-up lines
Ayos talaga itong si Senadora Miriam Santiago.. napaka positive sa kanyang pananaw sa buhay at matinding bumanat.. at may sense ang sinasabi. :D
Sana gumaling na siya sa kanyang hypertension para maisabak na ulit sa Impeachment trial.. Get well soon Madam..
By Hrelen Flores (philstar.com) Updated February 08, 2012 05:52 PM
MANILA, Philippines - Sen. Miriam Defensor-Santiago shared some of her witty pick-up lines for romantic yet dateless Filipinos on Valentine's Day during a gathering of heart doctors.
Still suffering from hypertension, Santiago delivered a speech before members of the Philippine Society of Hypertension and Philippine Lipid and Atherosclerosis Society during their annual convention in Ortigas, Pasig City, today.
"When you are still undergraduate, full of enthusiasm for the future, full of energy and patience to change the world, you're trying all the time to pick a date on Valentine's Day, you can use the following pick-up lines," Santiago, who is known for her funny pick-up lines, said.
Here are some of the senator’s catchy pick-up lines which received applauses and cheers from the audience:
- Girl: Saan tayo magde-date sa Valentines?
Boy: Sa sementeryo!
Girl: Bakit dun?
Boy: Para mapatunayan kong patay na patay ako sayo.
- Question: Pedicab ka ba?
Answer: PEDICABang idate sa Valentine’s Day?
- “Ang pag-ibig ko sayo ay parang langka, LANGKAtapusan.”
- “Ang love parang bayad sa jeep. Minsan hindi nasusuklian.”
- “Ang sabi nila ‘An apple a day keeps the doctor away.’ Kung guwapo o maganda ang doctor, ayoko na ng apple.”
- “Pwede bang magpa-blood test? Para malaman mo na type kita.”
Santiago also shared some of her pick-up lines related to the ongoing impeachment trial of Chief Justice Renato Corona.
- “Dun naman sa impeachment trial,” Santiago said.
- “Tuwing makikita ko ang mukha mo parang gusto ko nang sumigaw ng ‘Objection!”
- “Sometimes lawyers are like certain women, the best lawyers can charge you as much as P10,000 per hour pero hindi pa siguradong may happy ending kayong dalawa.”
Santiago has been absent from the trial the past week because of hypertension. She also failed to attend the first week of the trial due to the same reason.
“I’m afraid that since I’m suffering hypertension I might lose my temper and develop a stroke or heart attack,” Santiago told reporters.
“I did not attend the trial because of hypertension instead I spend my time these days at home reading literatures of the memorial parks of my choice,” Santiago said.
In a letter to the media early this week, Santiago said she doesn't want “to succumb to illness, because I don’t want to give my political enemies the pleasure of dancing on my grave, chortling like contented snakes.”